Where to get prints?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by z06photo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. z06photo

z06photo

Jul 23, 2007
    Texas
    Have never orderd online prints of anything. Haven't printed anything larger than 8x10 that my printer couldn't handle.

So those of you who order, where do you order from? I know I can get through Photobucket, which I use, but wanted to make sure that isn't a mistake before I do.

TIA

JL

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I do all my prints through MPix, and use Shutterfly for things like photo books and announcements.

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I needed to order some 12x12 prints and ended up using Adorama - to me, they did a good job of it.

4. I saw a photo display at a nature center yesterday and I talked to the photographer. The prints were up to 20 by 30 and were made at Adorama. The quality was excellent. The prices are a fraction of the local custom shop here. You have to order the higher quality paper. I think 20x30s were $20.00 on a special.

5. AllenOwen

AllenOwen

Aug 14, 2008
    Houston,TX
    I had a 20x24 printed from Mpix so I could see the quality and I was really impressed. I've been using Mpix for quick pictures and Millers for customers. I'm very happy with both.

6. lmorgan

lmorgan

Jun 27, 2008
    NCentral IL
    I'm sending test prints into H&H and WHCC. They were recommended on another forum.

7. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    I have been using Whcc.com for a few years now. Service is fantastic and quality is sencond to none

Dan

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I have been using Poundslab.com for a while now. You do have to download their software...but nonetheless...they are awesome to deal with. The quality is superb - especially anything mounted which I used the 3/16 black foam or the double weigh mount with lustre spray. But when you add all this to anything bigger than an 5x7 you can see the quality in the image.

Ok that was probably more informatio than you wanted.

9. WHCC for the past four years. Excellent.

10. Another WHCC here

11. Loki_D_Wolf

Loki_D_Wolf Guest

OfficeCrap

Don't go to OfficeMax. My inexperienced self went there to have them print a 24x36" picture. The one as my avatar. It's black and white with a red chair. The black and white parts came out with a greenish hue. The guy told me it was because the printer detected the red chair and went to color.

I told him what, it has no black ink in it?! I didn't have to pay and left. I'm going to try the ones suggested here.

What is the stimpulations though? What if you don't like the print? Do you still have to pay?

12. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    Ditto that!!!! I have only been using them a few months but they never disappoint :smile:

http://www.whcc.com/

They will have you send 5 8x10 test prints-- yours to keep for free :) 

13. Mpix and WHCC

14. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

whcc. I agree quality is superb and shockingly they actually have CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! and fab service at that.

15. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I use MPIX but would love to try WHCC sometime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.