Where to post new thread?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by droussey, Jul 16, 2008.

1. droussey

droussey

Jun 6, 2008
    Trenton, Mi
    I just purchased a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for my Nikon D50. When I got the 1st lens home, it would not auto-focus. Store agreed and exchanged (same lens). Now the replacement won't auto-focus either. I want to post a thread and ask for replies as to what might be going on.
    Question: Under which Forum should I post this Thread?
    Thank you,
    - David

2. Hi David,
    Technicaly it should go here but perhaps lens lust would serve as well. Hope you get some input on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    How far is the store? Did it focus in the store and then not focus after you got home? Did you take your camera and try it in the store? I'd take it and the camera to the store and get it figured out. Good luck.

4. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    David do you have (or have access to) another camera body to test the lens?

5. droussey

droussey

Jun 6, 2008
    Trenton, Mi
    The store is about a 1/2 mile from where I work. My wife and I are going to meet there after work tomorrow.
    Both lens' worked great in the store (the original and the replacement). It's the second time out when the camera won't work with the lens. The store has no issue taking it back (again). I like the idea of trying it on another camera body. I will ask if we can try it on one of their cameras and, also if we can call Tamron while we are there and get their feedback. Lastly, We'll look at other alternatives to this lens.

Thank you both very much for your replies to this thread. My wife is very disappointed. She did a lot of research and this was her 1st choice.