Where to Post Photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rgordin, Jul 3, 2008.

1. rgordin

rgordin

Jun 3, 2008
    Washington, DC
    I have looked at various sites for cost, appearance and viewer-friendliness (such as how many clicks to get a large photo) and would like to know your recommendations for where to post photos on the internet and why.

On a related note, I notice many people upload large jpegs but the photos remain small. Why is this done - especially if you have a limit? Also, I notice in Flickr, some photos are listed as having a 300 x 300 dpi and others a 72 x 72 dpi, etc. Could you please help me understand what causes the difference?

Thanks so much for your help.

2. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    I think a lot of people use photobucket or smugmug.

I like zenfolio - pretty easy to use, can link you direct to mpix for printing. I pad for a one year subscription with unlimited storage - I think it was around $100 but they have cheaper options. Once you have uploaded photos, if you want to post them in the forum you just choose the size - usually "large" and then paste the link into your message.

A flickr user will probably have to answer your flickr Q (or someone more technically minded!)

Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.