Where to shoot in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by gmaker1, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Heading to Las Vegas in two weeks. Any suggestions of where to shoot? Anyone know how far Vegas is from Zion or other parks?

Thanks,
    Gil

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Red Rock Canyon is less than an hour's drive outside Vegas and has lots of photo ops

3. Harry:

Thanks. It has been added to the list.

Gil

4. Well it is only a two hour drive from vegas to Zion park.
    There is alos Valley of Fire Park in Nevada about 50 miles north of Vegas....

5. Oh yeah BTW Death Valley is a few hours away as well...

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Gil,

I'm heading to Las Vegas in 3 weeks. You aren't going to CES, are you?

7. You could shoot from the 38th floor of Wynn :)

[​IMG]

8. Hey everyone:

Just got back from Vegas. Zion was fantastic, I got some greta shots form the Eiffel (sp) Tower and some other parks. Will post some as I work on them. Thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions.

Gil

9. Here is a shot I took of the Strip from on top of Ceasars (about the 23rd floor). You probably will recognize the fountain as the Belagio fountain.

original.

10. Lots of opportunities in or close to Vegas!
    * You are only 5 hours away from the south end of Grand Canyon, fly in and it is much less
    * Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Escalante national Monument, are slightly further away, one can sleep over in St George, where GreyFlash lives.
    * Red Rock Canyon is about an hour away max
    * Death Valley is about 3 hours away
    * Valley Of Fire State park, incredible Red Rock formations!

I just got back from Vegas and like someone else mentioned the Valley of Fire State park, at the north east end of Lake Mead, is an incredible park with lots of wonderful vistas, I have some of my shots at

http://www.pbase.com/andreasb/christmas_05_trip

11. matrix1272

matrix1272 Guest

I would say the Grand Canyon, Great Place!

12. Hover Dam is nice too.

13. Bill K

Bill K

Jan 29, 2006
    Reno, Nevada
    If anyone is going to Vegas I say the Hover Dam is a must see, It is only maybe a half hour to 45 mins away.

14. Since everyone gave you already great tips - here is another one:

Victoria's Secrets shop in the Cesar Arcade :smile:

[​IMG]