Where was I this Weekend?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Vern Dewit, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Not an especially fantastic panorama but it gets the point across! (You have to click to view it full size)

[​IMG]

And another shot of my friend on descent:

[​IMG]

These are taken from a front range peak (Wendell Mountain) about 40 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. My friend and I hiked / climbed over 21km and gained about 1500 meters of elevation to get these shots. The D200 stood up very well to the blowing snow and carried comfortably with the 18-200 VR.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  2. Nice Vern. You live in beautiful part of teh world for sure.

3. That second shot is really imperssive, having your friend in the shot for size comparison....WOW! :smile:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful shots

5. Wonderful... as Gret mentions, having your friend in that second shots really shows the perspective of that mountain. Love the pano, much better if clicked to full size. I like the way the snow accents the ridging of the rock.

6. Thanks for the kind words - and yes I do live in a fantastic part of Canada. It's amazing how many people live here and don't realize what's 40 minutes from their front porch! (And yes - you have to click the pano to appreciate it! :))

7. Beautiful stuff. So true about your comment, and I think that can be said for people all over :)

8. excellent images of a beautiful place Vern