Whether you like it or not...

HEDWIG!

138563903-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Now........... I like this........... a lot!

Different, exciting, in your face............ asks a lot of questions.........!

There is a lot on tension in this composition and you have captured that extremely well............... I have no idea if this image is posed or not.............

Either way............ exceptional imagery! I know the colours work well here................ but when i first viewed this shot......... I instantly thought.......... how much more powerful would this be in B/W.???????

Nonetheless............ outstanding idea and comp!

G

Wow.... thanks!!! Coming from you that means a lot. I'm not much for B&W conversion, but here is an attempt.

138584943-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes............. that's the one!!!!!!!!!

Nice, very nice!

As you know, I like my b/w quite contrasty, so I'd maybe punch this one up a little....but that's just me.....it's cool as is! :cool:

I'd be interested to know how you feel in regards to the b/w version......... I know I like it! :confused:

G

Oh yes............. that's the one!!!!!!!!!

Nice, very nice!

As you know, I like my b/w quite contrasty, so I'd maybe punch this one up a little....but that's just me.....it's cool as is! :cool:

I'd be interested to know how you feel in regards to the b/w version......... I know I like it! :confused:

G

I'm actually a HUGE fan of Black and White. One of the many reasons I love your photography. I am just not great with Photoshop and haven't been able to take the time to learn a good B&W conversion. If I had my druthers, I'd do a lot more B&W photography if I had the knack. :)

I am certainly no expert when it comes to PP............ but the main B/W technique I find is useful is this one by my friend here at The Cafe, Danny Diaz............

It's posted on the tutorial page but in case you can't find it, here's the link.......

http://tutiki.nikoncafe.com/w/index.php/Daniel_Diaz_BW_Technique

Your work is good.......... and I mean that. It's easy to look at others photographs and feel intimidated......... I've been taking photographs for years..... studied at Edinburgh Art College, in Scotland for four years in the early eighties.... all b/w film and slide work......... been shooting with my D2h for a year........... so as far as digital goes.... a complete amateur!

Especially in regards to PP.............!

I will always believe that a good photographer can take an exceptional photograph with the simplest of cameras........... be that a polaroid, a 35mm you buy already with the film in it from the chemist.......... or a good old pin hole camera!

You either know what you are looking at or you don't!

Like other sites, it amazes me here, how sometimes we all (including myself) get carried away with the perceived value of high end equipment in relation to the final image.......... they are but tools for us to capture that moment in time............. nothing more, nothing less!

Of course, saying that, I'd LOVE and 85mm f/1.4.......... but that ain't ever going to happen!

Sorry to go on a little.............. :redface: :redface: :redface:

Oh yeah........... I don't know your first name.......... excuse my ignorance.

G

Hey Brett............ it's good to "meet" you!

just looked at the link to the rest of the images........... excellent work.

These are a great example of PJ photography............ I would have posted a series of these images on the PJ forum........... they are that good!

I particularly liked the image of the male in the balck jacket drawing the "female" on his paper on the easel, whilst "she" looks straight at the camera........... acutely observed!

G

Latest threads

Top Bottom