Whew, I made it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ShaunK, Jun 29, 2007.

1. on an almost cross-country trip with my wife and my 4 and 2 year old girls!!! We traveled here to the wonderful Mid-west (MI) to see some family... came from CA. Talk about a drive!!! I'm not a big believer in TV and letting the little ones watch too much, but we bought a double screen car DVD player for the trip, and we couldn't have done without it! :biggrin: Anyway, I'm just chatting... have a nice evening.

2. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I believe it's obligatory here on the cafe to accompany such anouncements with sharing of pics taken along such trips.
    nonetheless, we're glad u made it :wink:

3. That is a long drive. When I was raising my kids there was no TV in cars. Now that they are grown and raising kids of their own they swear by them. I am glad you made it safe and sound Shaun.

4. We took it so quickly, I didn't take too many, but when I get home in a coupla weeks, I'll get some out for ya! :smile:

Thanks, Gordon. I hope my kids get used to it... me being a teacher and having summers off, I plan on road-tripping the entire US (yes, Alaska is included) and much of Canada over the coming years. I won't swear by the TV, and when the kids are older, it'll be all sighseeing and book reading, but at 2 and 4, Mom and Dad need breaks to sleep, esp. when driving straight thru!!! :eek::rolleyes: