Which AF Mode did I use???

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by MMarz, Jul 14, 2008.

1. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    This past weekend I spent time in three different locations photog'ng BiF's...At some point, more than once, I changed the number of AF points I was using in an attempt to maximize performance...

Trouble is, I can't remember which I used when... I checked the available EXIF info in LR and can't find the setting for the number of ative AF points, and reviewed the CF card (fortunately I don't format the card until a day later or so) and the display on-screen doesn't show this info either..

Is there a way to determine what the setting was at the time the images were taken??

2. If you are using Capture NX, open a photo & go to "camera settings" on the left side of the screen - this will show the focus info along with all other settings.

3. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    So, this would be a reason to install NX... Thanks.

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    If you don't want to install NX, does it not give that information if you put the card back in the camera?

5. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    No, it doesn't.

It will report AF-S versus AF-C, but not the number of active points.

6. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
  7. Try PhotoME, a free download that seems to spit out every available piece of EXIF information, IMO more so than Opanda.

8. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Nice find. Thanks!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.