1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which battery lights your world?

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by rubicon1, Jul 29, 2008.

1. rubicon1

rubicon1

Jan 14, 2008
    orlando Fl
    My sb600 arrives today and I was wondering what all of you use? I dont have a clue as to which to buy... re-chargeable or not?

2. get at least 2 sets of rechargables, and to be on the safe side, throw a set of lithiums in the camera bag for backup.

Lawrence

3. I've used a lot of different ones over the years and have found these to be the best by far.
    MAHA PowerEx

Be sure to get a good charger - that is just as important IMO.

Spending a little bit more now will pay off in the long run.

Congrats on the new flash!

Don

4. Maha PowerEx 2700 MaH from Thomas Distributing. Have a ton of them and use them in my D300 and SB800 (soon to be SB900).

5. rubicon1

rubicon1

Jan 14, 2008
    orlando Fl
    Thanks, I think Im sold!

I dont see a charger with these kits, which charger did you get?

6. I got this one last year, if you go to their main page you'll see several others.
    This one is a newer version of my old one which I still use for travel and it has some kit pricing with batteries.

Don

7. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
  8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Which batteries/charger comes up often. Try a search of this forum. I also use and recommend the Maha/Powerex combination over the cheaper stuff.

9. rubicon1

rubicon1

Jan 14, 2008
    orlando Fl
    You guys are great, thanks for your help! I am going with this kit

- Maha MH-C204W White World Charger Kit Combo
    Includes Four 2700mAh AA Maha Batteries
    1 FREE MAHA Deluxe Travel Bag
    1 FREE 8 Cell and 1 Four Cell Battery Holder
    $37.97

And for know to play around with my new toy I went to CVS and bought a set of lithium AA's thanks to Lawrence.

10. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    I use Energizer 2500mAh NiMh's. Sure there are better batteries on the market but these are available anywhere and reasonably priced. I also picked up the Energizer 4 battery fast charger (15 minutes). Again, better units out there but cheap and readily available.

I have no complaints; even using flashes on 1/2 power I can't seem to kill these things during a shoot!!! Some may need the minimal extra performace of other batteries, but I cannot see why. I keep extra charged sets and the charger in the bag too, this way I can always have batteries charged faster than I can use them.

Another thing I do is number every set of batteries with a Sharpie. 1, 2, 3, etc. This way the are always used together and thus always in the same state of charge, discharge, and service life.

11. Hartawan

Hartawan Guest

I got the Sanyo Eneloop kit off Costco and it has not disappoint me yet. 8AA, 2AAA, charger. Good stuff.

12. quoted for truth! im loving these enloops. FAST refresh on these lil buggers & the batteries themselves dont lose charge during long storage lives :smile:

13. fivegrand

fivegrand Guest

Bingo. One of the keys.

14. fjgindy

fjgindy

Jan 21, 2007
    Indianapolis
    I use to use Maha PowerEx's and Energizer 2500's but converted everything over to the Eneloops. No more worries when they sit in my flash or bag unused for a week or longer. Still charged and ready to go. Less power than the others but it evens out since they don't leak as quickly. I can let a backup set sit unused for 6 months or so and they are still around 80% capacity.

15. sanyo enloops here and some engergizers for back up. When i'm doing something really important I buy a "brick" of AA's at wal mart and return them if I don't use em. $20 peace of mind.

16. Quantum Turbo 2x2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.