Which camera raw plugin??

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by AISBLE, Apr 6, 2007.

1. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Does anyone know which version of the camera raw plugin I need in Photoshop CS in order to open raw files from my D200? I installed camera raw 2.4 but the files still won't open.
    Thanks

2. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Maybe try Lightroom? Then you can export to your existing PS and still get the benefits of CS3+ raw conversion...

I'd check out the 30 day trial.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    3.7 is correct.
    Don't get lightroom.
    CS3 is far better place to put you hard earned bucks.

6. jaymc

jaymc Guest

Like a said above, you can't just add ACR 3.7 to CS. However, regarding an upgrade does anyone know of the upgrade price yet from CS to CS3 or from CS2 to CS3? Any difference in price? Hmmm.

- Jay

7. I think that your statement is a bit over the top as the programme that works for one is not necessarily the one for another.
    Personally as a full time photographer I find Lightroom much more suited to processing lots of images than Photoshop.
    I use the two programmes in tandem but use PS less. Kinda funny as I used to think it was the "b" all in imaging work.

8. Check out the Adobe site.

9. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    I think I'm going to go with Gale's suggestion. I played with CS3 at work today and I was blown away. Time to start saving the pennies...and riding my bicyle to work and put some of that gas money towards some new software:biggrin:

10. I think you have another option besides upgrading to CS2 or CS3. You should be able to run your images through the DNG converter (free from adobe), and then use ACR 2.4.

Having said that, I would bite the bullet and upgrade as the latest ACR 4.0 is MUCH better. While I really like Lr, in its current form it is not a replacement for photoshop. The cost of the upgrade to CS3 will be about the same as buying Lr, and you get way more for your money with CS3. BTW, the latest incarnation of bridge is really good, as are smart objects and the latest photomerge. So, like Gale, I would suggest upgrading to CS3.

But, before you do, you might want to try Lr as it is a pretty cool program with lots of potential (Geoff will be happy then :biggrin:).

Cheers

11. All I know is what is working for me!!!! LOL
    As Rory suggests you can try them all and find your flow.
    I'll always be happy !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL