Which Canvas Print Lab?

I personally do not really like the look of canvas prints. If I need one for the house I just look at groupon. Something like this:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-can...l_option=c59e0f73-4923-43aa-bf82-fbb9881ec95d
24x36" print for $30. I can't print myself that cheap. I have several of these canvas that are more than 5 years old, and they look fine.
I had a couple canvas prints done by bay photo. 24x36 from them are about $180. Once hung, I really couldn't tell the difference, at least on the images I used.
The backs were nicer on the bay photo prints.
Gary

Had one done several years ago 30x40 by APC Artistic Photo Canvas which I believe is out of Sarasota. They really did a fantastic job on the image and has been hanging over the mantle for last 10 years.

I've used Costco a few times and the quality, price and delivery were reasonably acceptable. I did a canvas triptych as a gift a few years ago and the recipient was very pleased.

Real Name
Andy
Walter, before I started offering canvas as a print option to clients, I did a mini comparison test.

Three years ago, I sent the same file to five different labs to produce 16x24 canvas prints. Not an exhaustive test by any means, but Nations Photo Lab, Bay Photo, and Mpix made equivalently excellent canvas prints. NPL became my go-to lab for both my personal and client-related work because they most frequently offer sale pricing (typically 30, 40 or 50% off). The other two labs made acceptable canvases, but simply not in the same league.

Walter, I've used black river imaging for a few of these. I've been particularly impress with how the canvas prints look when floated in a wooden frame. Gives it a very finished and unique look. A bit more money, but they look very nice up on the wall.
Here's an old one I have made over 10 years ago to give you an idea. Still looks great with no discernable fading.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
APC all the way. Use for all my canvas, and in past for clients too.
Top notch.

Walter, I’ve used CG Pro Prints exclusively, easily ordering over 100 canvas wraps. Image quality has been good (images are uploaded at 150 ppi), but I’ve found that the seams begin to open up after a while. Not sure if it’s heat or humidity or both, but I’ve had clients contact me with concerns. I’ve applied Gorilla tape if the wraps are delivered to my home, but I cannot add reinforcing if I am having wraps drop shipped at client’s homes.

Attachments

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom