Which carry case for Wimberely Head II ?

My Wimberley head is getting banged up in my trunk. I'm looking for a rugged/padded case for it. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of getting a small Pelican.

Thanks.

Ok, I've looked that what is available from Pelican. There doesn't seem to be a size that would fit without being too big. The 1200 series is just a tad too small.
Need at least 9" x 8.5" x 3"

Still looking...

I went looking also - I went to Penn Camera and they did not have a tripod case that was 'wide' enough to hold the wimberely when mounted on the tripod.

I found a neoprene bag at my outdoor store. Were originally made to carry two bottles in. I took the center thread out, burned some hole around the upper edge, and took a thick string out of an old pair of sweat pants. I bought two, one for the wimberley 2 and one for my sidekick. Works well, but a lot cheaper than the OpTech bag. But I want several more and can't find them so far this year. Should have bought more when I found them.
Anyway, the neoprene seems to give a good protection cover for them.

I found this bag at my local Target. Fits the head perfectly and is padded.

159186687-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

159186669-M.jpg

159186709-M.jpg

Only $9.99 :biggrin:

For protecting it while mounted on the tripod though, the Optech seems to be the way to go.

Thanks guys.

I don't use a case but it is a good idea. I generally keep mine on the tripod and try to place it in my car or SUV in a place where it has some protection (between soft bags, etc). When it's off the tripod I keep it wrapped in an old towel.

I previously posted (post #8) about the neoprene bag I use for my tripod heads .
[Since I found out how to ad pics in here] here are three pics showing:

the bag to go over the full Wimberley II head

Last edited by a moderator:
This 3rd picture shows the bag completely over the Wimberley II head and tied securely

These are for protection, not so much for carrying when on the tripod.
However, they could just as easily be used if Wimberleys or other heads
are taken off the tripod base. They even have carrying straps.

I used a heated nail to burn holes immediately below the handle and inserted a soft threadlike string thru the holes that pulls closed quite easily.

Hope this might help someone...
We have used these for awhile and not having any wear or tear so far.
I even ordered some more bags. Two different styles will have zippers.
I am anxious to see these and what I can use them for!

D

DoorMan

Thanks everyone for the ideas posted in this thread. I also have been looking for a cover of some sort for the Wimberley II. Dave Watts mentioned using a large frame pistol zip case but I have not found one large enough at our local sporting stores.

This afternoon I was at our local Whole Foods market, and sure enough they had some of the Built NY bags. They didn't have the one pictured above, but had another one, a model which has a zipper, which I bought. Got out to the car and promptly installed it on my Wimberley II head right then and there! It's not a perfect fit by any means but it will definitely protect my expensive gimbal head while it is in the trunk of my car and I'm driving around with it. Thank you so much, Chayelle, for this nifty idea!

Mine is ALWAYS on the tripod

And for the rare occasions when I take it off, I kept the box it came in with the grey foam rubber insert.

posted in wrong thread

web addresses to find neoprene bags
This is the website I just purchased several more of these bags. The best price I have found and cheaper than the one I have pictured that I first purchased:

http://www.lumens.com/lumens/product...CN&#additional

This site has a bag similar to the two bottle bag from the above site, but with
a zipper. I ordered some of these to use to put my laptop in. Works very
well, extra thick bag, and has handles to carry laptop. (I have a small laptop for this):

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Built_...bnyovertwo.htm

I don't think I paid any shipping from either website either (?).

Hope this helps you find a most helpful (to me) protective wimberley or
sidekick neoprene bag.

Latest threads

Top Bottom