Which do you prefer?

I was messing around with PS today....

Don

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Don, I hope you dont mind, but iv done a merge pf them both, and slight tone map, because the b&w is good, but too b&w, and the second one is too saturated, in my opinion, so merged together, they cancel each other out.
And iv kept your user name as the title, so theres no confusion to if the image is mine or not, thanks, Tom.

the color version for me, personally
the b/w... while nice... is TOO DARK for my taste
maybe with some tweaking, i'd like it better.... FWIW

nice shot, by the way

Thanks

Tom,

I had a version that I played with that was toned down, very similar to the one you posted. I guess it is just me, but for this particular image, I liked the colors blown out. I thing it gives it a more dreamy, painted look. I usually would shift toward more moderate tones.

You are all right about the B&W. It is dark. I didn't really do a lot to it, other than convert it to B&W. I am not a huge B&W fan.

Below is the original, so you can see what the shot REALLY looked liked before.

Thanks guys..
Don

Hi Don, I hope you dont mind, but iv done a merge pf them both, and slight tone map, because the b&w is good, but too b&w, and the second one is too saturated, in my opinion, so merged together, they cancel each other out.
And iv kept your user name as the title, so theres no confusion to if the image is mine or not, thanks, Tom.

If the b/w was worked a little to make it slightly less dark I'd like it best. The color is cool though and does look like a painting. Both are neat and it's cool you have the talent to do that.

How about....

How about this....

If the b/w was worked a little to make it slightly less dark I'd like it best. The color is cool though and does look like a painting. Both are neat and it's cool you have the talent to do that.

That second one is definitely even cooler than the first. One of these years I'm going to have to learn PP.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom