Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by williadw, Jul 20, 2008.

1. I was messing around with PS today....

Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hi Don, I hope you dont mind, but iv done a merge pf them both, and slight tone map, because the b&w is good, but too b&w, and the second one is too saturated, in my opinion, so merged together, they cancel each other out.
    And iv kept your user name as the title, so theres no confusion to if the image is mine or not, thanks, Tom.
    [​IMG]

3. the color version for me, personally
    the b/w... while nice... is TOO DARK for my taste
    maybe with some tweaking, i'd like it better.... FWIW

nice shot, by the way

4. I like the second one...It's outstanding shot. I like it, DON.:wink:

5. Thanks

Tom,

I had a version that I played with that was toned down, very similar to the one you posted. I guess it is just me, but for this particular image, I liked the colors blown out. I thing it gives it a more dreamy, painted look. I usually would shift toward more moderate tones.

You are all right about the B&W. It is dark. I didn't really do a lot to it, other than convert it to B&W. I am not a huge B&W fan.

Below is the original, so you can see what the shot REALLY looked liked before.

Thanks guys..
    Don

[​IMG]

6. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    If the b/w was worked a little to make it slightly less dark I'd like it best. The color is cool though and does look like a painting. Both are neat and it's cool you have the talent to do that.

7. How about....

How about this....

[​IMG]

8. well....

I see Smugmug is down... no pics here are showing

9. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    That second one is definitely even cooler than the first. One of these years I'm going to have to learn PP.

10. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I'm thinking the over-saturation in #2 is intentional. I kinda like #2

11. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Although I like black and white photography, in this case image #2 works for me.

12. Yup

It was. I was going for a surrealistic painted, dreamy look.
    Maybe like you would like it to look like, if you were going there.
    Golden shores.. etc.