Which do your prefer

I want to send an 8x10 print of this image to Susan. Which do your prefer, B&W or color? Image was shot at 1/60 sec, f2.8, 85mm f1.4 lens, by natural light.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
I usually like color more but this B&W is very very nice. So I would say send both.

B&W....I too usually prefer color, but there's something about the B&W for this one that really is nice.

Ok, I'm going to go against the grain and say the color. My thoughts: The light on the right side of the frame is more dramatic in the color image. The colors in your subjects eyes echo the colors in her hair, which works very well for me. I also like the way her lips look in the color image - the natural looking pale pink is balanced out by her blush and eye shadow.

Thank you all for your input. I personally like the B&W best but some of you have given me the thought that perhaps both might be appreciated.

Thanks Brian, I did go ahead and order both the color and the B&W so she should be happy either way. I had the B&W mounted on a 1/8" masonite board.

C

cuss2much

I usually say B&W without hesitation...

but I really like the color version of this...

I know its late.. but still wanted to give my .02...

Latest threads

Top Bottom