1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which Eye???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazruss, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Might sound stupid, but over a few beers me and a few friends were talking about right handed V left handed, and it came to me that people obviously use either their right eye or left eye on the view finder.....I am right handed but always use my left eye....I was wondering which eye you guys use, and is it related to which hand is dominant .....I know i should stay off the beer....:wink:

2. TheCommons

TheCommons

Jul 2, 2008
    LA, CA ;)
    Right handed and I use my left eye.

I have a friend thats right handed and uses her right eye.

I tried to train myself to use my right eye once so I could keep my left eye open when tracking small objects, but it was way too uncomfortabl

3. Like you, I am right handed and left eyed, and I've had few beers. . . . coincidence? Nah! I've always been this way.

And what ever you do, don't stay off the beer!

4. I'm right handed, and right eye dominant. Sure makes it easy to see what's going on around you when your camera is pressed up to your face.

5. You guys are a bit odd, it is right and right for me, but then I grew up shooting guns and rifles, and it is a bit hard to be right handed and left eyed at that. :smile:

Of course it might all depend on your current eyesight with the diopter and if you are using your glasses or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  6. I too am right handed and left eyed, though it's never been really posed any difficulty eith with cameras, or firearms.

I did just recently notice that I aim a rifle right eyed, but pistol or shotgun left eyed...

Lawrence

7. Right-handed and right-eyed here......

8. Hmmm.. . . I'm left eyed and left handed with a bow (!!!) but right handed and left-eyed with a rifle (DON'T laugh--my shooting instructor in the army didn't!)
    Man, I'm so messed up!:Angry:

9. yendikeno

yendikeno

Mar 31, 2008
    CA
    Left hand and left eye (master eye).

10. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Tom, I have a shooting acquaintance who shoots trap right handed and is left eye dominant. At lunch one day I asked why he didn't get some shooting glasses that would correct his vision. Without hesitation he said "ain't no fixin' this eye Mike, as he picked up his fork and tapped it several times against his right (glass) eye. I never knew.... :eek:  Then we talked about how he lost his eye as a kid and learned to shoot left eyed. EDIT; R eye R handed

11. monkay

monkay

Jun 12, 2008
    New Jersey
    +1 for right handed, left eyed. had to actually pick up my camera and see real quick :biggrin:

12. Huuuummmm if you are right handed and left eyed with a rifle or shotgun, how do you handle the recoil?? That would give my cheek a rough ride. LOL
    Mike thats hysterical. You do learn to adapt.

13. Right handed, left eye. I find it steadys the camera a bite more for me and it helps that I can see Distance better with the eye.

14. I'm a righty and I must be really odd. I asked my wife and she laugh and said you use both but not the same way. Evidently I shoot left eye landscape and right eye portrate. Go figure.

15. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Left handed -- Right Eye.

16. Left handed and left eyed... but in golf am a right hander... or have you all just got it wrong ...lol

17. Mike S

Mike S

Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle, WA USA
    Well I was born left handed but was forced to use my right in school. I shoot with my right hand and right eye but wouldn't have any trouble switching to my left.

BTW, I shoot pistols with both eyes open but lined up with the right eye.

18. I'm a southpaw and use my right eye. Thirteen % of the population is perfect and the rest are right handed.:biggrin: I need LH golf clubs but play guitar RH. Try switching eyes with your camera it's disasterous!!!

Cheers

Ted:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.