1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which flash ?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by HAVOC, Nov 6, 2005.

1. I'm going to be shooting the night shots at a cousins wedding next spring and need to buy a flash,which would you recomend ? I'm willing to look at other makes besides Nikon like Sigma,metz etc.Thanks for any advice and help.

2. SB-800 would be my choice, not sure which gear you're shooting with but it makes the most sense from a future expandability standpoint...

3. SB600 or Sb800 should be your choice- full compatibility with ITTL, no possibility of third party incompatibility with future advancements, and the SB600 is a very functional flash at a good price. At $169.95 for import and $184.95 for USA at B&H, it is an excellent value...close to half the price of an 800. IMO its worth it over the Sigma EF 500 DG NA ITTL flash ($150 vs $170)

4. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    No question...

SB-600 if you're low on dough.

SB-800 if money isn't a problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.