Which halogen bulb for AB400? (for Woody)

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by ScottS, Apr 3, 2007.

1. ScottS

ScottS

Apr 21, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Woody -

In an earlier thread you mentioned changing out the modeling light bulb in the AB's to a 150 watt halogen bulb. Is there a specific or particular kind, brand, etc., that you recommend as a substitute?

Thanks!

2. Well I am not Woody but I am sure what he is saying is that you need more light than the bulb you currently have will give off. This will make it easier for you to see what the strobe is doing while setting up the image. The brand is not too important I wouldn't think, just get a 150 watt halogen bulb that will fit the socket you have.

3. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Just go down to Home Depot - any one wiil do . . .

4. Yea, it's just a replacement bulb for the modeling light. I think the most common brand is Sylvania.

5. ScottS

ScottS

Apr 21, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Thank you all so much. I thought any brand might work but I didn't want to buy one and short out my AB400. :)

6. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Good call, I may as well pick one up for mine also. I just got an AB400 a week ago myself. =]

7. I replaced the factory modeling light bulbs by putting a 150w in my AB800's and a 75w in my AB400. I figured that would give me a better representation than everything having the same wattage.

My 2 cents worth. (YMMV)