Which is better: Sigma 150-500 or Nikon 300/2,8 + TC??

I wonder which would be better (sharper): the Sigma 150-500 or one of the simpler Nikkor300/2.8 -without VR but with a 1.7 TC . Both lenses would give 500mm, the Nikon with 1.7 TC even a wee bit more.
Somebody might have had the chance of comparing them.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be very, very surprised if the Sigma would be sharper than the Nikon+TC with both shot from a tripod. I don't have the Nikon but have seen many extremely sharp shots taken with it and the 1.7 TC. I think the 300 F/4+1.7 TC turns out sharper shots from a solid tripod than the Sigma too, although I've read AF can suffer with that combo.

If you're going to hand hold both and don't have great light to keep the shutter speed up, the real world result might be sharper photos with the Sigma due to the very effective OS.

Real Name
Leonidas KOUGIOUMTZIS
Look this photos......
I take this with my sigma 150-500mm and D300 but i am sure that the combo 300mm f2.8+TC1.7 is better...
This exotic lens is my dream:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used the Nikon with a 2x TC and the Siggy. The Nikon, even with the 2X was spectacular. The Sigma is a decent lens, but nowhere near the level of the Nikon.

Steve

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom