Which lens is "The Beast?

Well...I'll concede, but I will have to start thinking of something better for the 70-200; better than SUV and superhonker. Alens like this needs a more nobile, almost regal name(imho).???????????? As noted by Sam above, maybe my wife should name it(lhehehehehe)

B

billT

For Harrison

AFS said:
I'm gonna start calling my 70-200 VR the King!
What about the 17-35 and 17-55 and stuff! all these lenses need good names

Hi Harrison,

This is a bit off the topic, but notice you have both the 17-35 and 17-55. Which of this lens in you opinion is sharper one? I am thinking of getting one.

Thanks in advance.

BillT

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Friends, probably it's time for us to vote for the names of the other lenses.

Woody has named the 85mm F1.4 'The Beauty' and I concur.

Any other suggestion for this and other lenses?

Re: For Harrison

billT said:
AFS said:
I'm gonna start calling my 70-200 VR the King!
What about the 17-35 and 17-55 and stuff! all these lenses need good names

Hi Harrison,

This is a bit off the topic, but notice you have both the 17-35 and 17-55. Which of this lens in you opinion is sharper one? I am thinking of getting one.

Thanks in advance.

BillT
Oh, I don't have them (yet), I'm just mentioning them as pretty much legendary lenses in terms of sheer optical quality and size. Both are on my wishlist as either/or choices. I'm not convinced I'd go for the 17-55 because I don't like the build as much, some QC issues i've seen online with infinity focus, flare and other issues. Of course, a DX lens with that range is very useful. I've tried out both in store and I'm totally stumped as to what to do :(

eng45ine said:
Great comment from your wife, Sam. When my wife heard that the 28-70mm f/2.8 was known as "The Beast"...she said, now I've heard everything...lenses have nicknames!!! She shrugged her shoulders and walked away... I guess she just doesn't get it!

Just don't tell her how much it cost...or she'll call it something unprintable!

:wink:

Actually Rich, my experience with my wife and photography has been a very good one. She shot my D70 with both the 28-70 and the 70-200 while on vacation in Yellowstone and the Tetons last month and fell in love with both. Neither lens intimidated her. She got very comfortable with the monopod and the 70-200. She now wants "her" very own equipment, which I love! Jokingly I suggested that she could take the D70 body and I would get it's replacement....( the D2X).....to which she said "fine", even knowing the price. SO........I am just trying to figure out which lens to get her for "her" new D70 body. I think it will be the 12-24 or the 17-35, as either would not overlap what we already owm. Also, she loves the longer lenses, so I seriously see a 300 2.8VR in "our" future, although that one I'll have to share :lol:

A quick sidenote: This photography thing with the wife is going kinda like a few years back when I took her Bass fishing on Toledo Bend for the first time....2 weeks later we had a Bass Boat :lol:

R

RichPix

The BEAST

Even though it is a BEAST my "normal everday" lens
is my Nikon 28 - 70 f 2.8

It's the one for me even though I sometimes feel
like a need a wagon to pull it behind me when its on my
D2X.

Latest threads

Top Bottom