Which Light Stands to get

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by frogpix, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Hi,

I purchased the DVD from Nikon, 'The Speed of Light', and learned a lot from it. I presently have one SB-800 and one SB-600. I'm getting ready to purchase a couple more SB-800s and would like to know which light stands I should get. Do they all have a 1/4-20 stud on them, etc? I don't need anything really heavy, as all I'll be putting on them will be the SB strobes. Also, I would imagine there are cases of various sizes into which one could stuff three or these for transporting them.

Thanks,

Steve Waterman

2. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Steve,

I have an aluminum bogen that I bought at the local camera shop and another I bought from Alien Bees. I prefer the bogen as it has larger knobs and is taller when extended. I closes down to about 28 inches long. I carry them and my umbrellas in a canvas type case that came with a portable chair. It's quite handy.

This is the type of item where I think it pays to go to the local shop and check them out in person.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Tom