Which Nikon for free?

Same here. I never had to clean the sensor on that first D7100. Ever. I'm on my second D7200 and the same. I have it set up to "shake on power up" or whatever it is in the menu. But all my D1 and D2 bodies needed a wet wash from time to time.

Cool to know the D7200 has something over the sensor in case I do get some goo it can't shake. Thanks Nick.

I just cleaned the sensor on my D7200 preparatory to an extended trip to Italy. Took me ten tries with PecPads and Eclipse to get it to a satisfactory state. But it's been a long time since I did it.

Real Name
David
The D7000 had the low pass filter, the D7100 did not.

Yes the D800 / D800e were the first "test beds" for the tech. But in reality the D800e actually had an additional filter to cancel out the effect of the low pass filter.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Justin
I just wanted to post a followup since I have had a chance to test out the camera. The 7100 and Sigma seem to be a great combo.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just thought it worth a mention. It is not the age of the camera that counts, it is the number of shutter actuations that does matter.

I just cleaned the sensor on my D7200 preparatory to an extended trip to Italy. Took me ten tries with PecPads and Eclipse to get it to a satisfactory state. But it's been a long time since I did it.
I also find it a lot easier with using a "loupe". the sensor can be examined a lot clearer.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom