Which one is the better one?

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by PEPPER PETE, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Have been on vacation and haven't been posting much in the last two weeks. I took these two pics. of I think are thistle blooms. Maybe you can let me know which one is the better picture. Both taken with 60mm macro.
    Pete
    29288491-L.
    29289780-L.

2. I prefer the 1st one
    Rich

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I prefer the first as well....nicely done.

4. Thanks Rich and Frank. I think I also lean toward the first one also. Took them because they seemed to be interesting to me.
    Pete

5. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    1st one the 2nd looks a little over exposed

Tim

6. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Pete:

Nice to see you here! I remember you and your hummer pics from the D70 forum. I also lean towards the first one as well as I like the contrast. The 60mm is great for these kinds of shots.

7. Thanks Tim. The second one may be a little overexposed, it doesn't seem to have any life to it.
    Pete

8. Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your helping me decide which one to keep. The Hummer pics. will soon be coming I just haven't had the time to sit and wait for the little guys. I love the 60mm macro I use it and the 70-200VR the most. I'm lens poor but the lust has gotten to me and I have quite a few Nikon lenses and love them all. Nice to see you here also.
    Pete

9. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Pete:

Looking forward to seeing your hummers again. I'm assuming you will use the 70-200VR? I've got that lens now but sadly, this year has been unusally quiet as far as hummers are concerned. I've tried everything to get them here, but have only seen one twice this year. Am wondering if they are affected by West Nile. We're just starting to see an increase in Blue Jays again, as they have been scarce for the past two years.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah. The color contrast and exposure is better on the first picture.

But you know, being on vacation is not an excuse for not posting. ;)

11. Congrats on getting the 70-200VR it's a fantastic lens. I sometimes use the 500D on it even though I have the 60mm Macro it's easier to screw on the 500D than to change lenses when you're out in the field. Be patient on the Hummers, I have a few hundred shots using different lenses and they started coming around more during July, Sept, Aug. Good luck Lisa.
    Pete

12. Thanks Chris, I do have a wireless laptop that I carry with me but was in areas of Hot Spots or Land Lines long enough to really enjoy the Nikon Cafe or to post. I'll try harder next time.
    Pete