Which one is the better one?

Have been on vacation and haven't been posting much in the last two weeks. I took these two pics. of I think are thistle blooms. Maybe you can let me know which one is the better picture. Both taken with 60mm macro.
Pete
29288491-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

29289780-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi Pete:

Nice to see you here! I remember you and your hummer pics from the D70 forum. I also lean towards the first one as well as I like the contrast. The 60mm is great for these kinds of shots.

Lisa said:
Hi Pete:

Nice to see you here! I remember you and your hummer pics from the D70 forum. I also lean towards the first one as well as I like the contrast. The 60mm is great for these kinds of shots.
Hi Lisa, Thank you very much for your helping me decide which one to keep. The Hummer pics. will soon be coming I just haven't had the time to sit and wait for the little guys. I love the 60mm macro I use it and the 70-200VR the most. I'm lens poor but the lust has gotten to me and I have quite a few Nikon lenses and love them all. Nice to see you here also.
Pete

Pete:

Looking forward to seeing your hummers again. I'm assuming you will use the 70-200VR? I've got that lens now but sadly, this year has been unusally quiet as far as hummers are concerned. I've tried everything to get them here, but have only seen one twice this year. Am wondering if they are affected by West Nile. We're just starting to see an increase in Blue Jays again, as they have been scarce for the past two years.

Lisa said:
Pete:

Looking forward to seeing your hummers again. I'm assuming you will use the 70-200VR? I've got that lens now but sadly, this year has been unusally quiet as far as hummers are concerned. I've tried everything to get them here, but have only seen one twice this year. Am wondering if they are affected by West Nile. We're just starting to see an increase in Blue Jays again, as they have been scarce for the past two years.
Congrats on getting the 70-200VR it's a fantastic lens. I sometimes use the 500D on it even though I have the 60mm Macro it's easier to screw on the 500D than to change lenses when you're out in the field. Be patient on the Hummers, I have a few hundred shots using different lenses and they started coming around more during July, Sept, Aug. Good luck Lisa.
Pete

Chris101 said:
Yeah. The color contrast and exposure is better on the first picture.

But you know, being on vacation is not an excuse for not posting. ;)
Thanks Chris, I do have a wireless laptop that I carry with me but was in areas of Hot Spots or Land Lines long enough to really enjoy the Nikon Cafe or to post. I'll try harder next time.
Pete

Latest threads

Top Bottom