Which one ?

JPS

Hi !

While driving in Geneva's countryside, I saw these apple orchards, covered with polytarp ! The sun was shining thru and I liked the light...

I shot two versions, trying to keep it as symmetric as possible !

Which one do you prefer ?

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:smile:
J-P.

B

Bill N

#2 for me. the orchard is what is interesting to me. good that you stopped and took the time to take a photo, thanks.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Jean Pierre, also #2 for me. I think you get more of the 'symmetry feeling' and in my eyes the light is better.

JPS

Yeahhhhh ! Unanimity is RARE... 5 out of 5 !!

There MUST be something in #2 that I still can't define... although all of you saw/felt straight away !

Thanks !

:smile:
J-P.

its 2 for me - i don't like the distracting tire line in #1, but I do prefer the reflection on the plastic on the first..

good shots.

Definitely #2. The first seems a little flatter. Also the sky and the path in front at the bottom really don't add anything to the first. So cropping them out made a better picture - at least for me.

I'm going with the second pic, also. The problem with the first image is the dividing line between the top of the tarps and the sky. It makes the sky almost look like a second image placed at the top. It just doesn't have the overall image unity that the second image holds.

JPS

#2. Feels like I'm about to walk in.

its 2 for me - i don't like the distracting tire line in #1, but I do prefer the reflection on the plastic on the first..
good shots.

Definitely #2. The first seems a little flatter. Also the sky and the path in front at the bottom really don't add anything to the first. So cropping them out made a better picture - at least for me.

I'm going with the second pic, also. The problem with the first image is the dividing line between the top of the tarps and the sky. It makes the sky almost look like a second image placed at the top. It just doesn't have the overall image unity that the second image holds.

Wowwwww ! 10 out of 10 in favor of #2 !

Someone told me that I had applied the "rule of third" on the second image !!! Of course, it's the kind of thing that usually ONLY THE BRAIN registers and makes the photographer compose that way, without even thinking !

(isn't it a nice feeling to discover that one is a GENIUS without even knowing ???)

@ SFOXJOHN: the second pic isn't a crop... I walked nearer to the subject to shoot it :wink: !

Thanks all for the comments !

:biggrin:
J-P.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom