Which one?

Real Name
Mike
I'm in two minds over this. My first inclination is the 1st because of the angle of the shot making use of a 24mm lens, but the descending arches w/ the weeds draws me in on the 2nd. What do you say?
Concrete Arch2969.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Arches straight_2967.jpeg

Real Name
Mike
I can't answer which one, without knowing what you want to do with it/ what do you want it to say?
Personally, the white blown out skies detract from both of these.
gary
I don't want to do anything with them. Just photos of concrete structure, nothing more for me. I don't think there's anything I can do about bright sky, especially w/ basic Mac's free 'Photo' editing program that's included w/ my iMac.

I find the second image stronger. I would crop at the top of the first arch- and lose a lot of the blown out sky.
Eventually you may want to get some type of editing program. Adobe with lightroom and photoshop is likely the most popular- it is about $10/month.
All our images are edited. Either we let the camera do it, or we take control ourselves.
gary

Real Name
Mike
I find the second image stronger. I would crop at the top of the first arch- and lose a lot of the blown out sky.
Eventually you may want to get some type of editing program. Adobe with lightroom and photoshop is likely the most popular- it is about $10/month.
All our images are edited. Either we let the camera do it, or we take control ourselves.
gary
Thanks, was thinking of cropping as you say but didn't want to change format. I'll reconsider.

Real Name
Mike
The first one for me. Try a B/W treatment to give it some grit.
I generally love B&W but it didn't think it worked as well. Here's a quick edit. What do you think?
Angle arches.JPG

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thanks, was thinking of cropping as you say but didn't want to change format. I'll reconsider.
If your not going to do anything with the image, why worry about aspect ratio? FWIW......many people crop according to what is best for the image .......

Real Name
Mike
If your not going to do anything with the image, why worry about aspect ratio? FWIW......many people crop according to what is best for the image .......
I crop when need be, but don't think a square-ish image compliments arches.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom