Which one?

Real Name
Mike
Which of these shots captures the plaster dust encapsulating the workers?
I'm tossed between concealing the workers or having them more distinct?
bag dust.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
dust front.JPG
plaster dust4.JPG
side dust.JPG

Please tell me which is your favorite and why?

Real Name
Andrew
If the point is to show the dust and the workers, then the last 2 represent that better than the first 2.

it’s about the story you are trying to tell. The first two seem like they are more about the machine. The second 2 are about the people.

I’m a big proponent of being able to see faces, so the last one would be my pick, although I could see a case being made for the 3rd images, as the dust is so thick that you can’t see the face. Could better show the point of how bad the cloud is at times.

This seems like this is also an example of Robert Capa’s philosophy of, if the image not good enough, get closer.

just my opinion

Real Name
Mike
I'm also inclined to go with 2, then 4, because I like to be connected to the persons when they notice the camera. But the emptying of the almost empty bag of plaster in #1 grabs my attention. I'll do some additional re-edits where the faces are more easily seen through the dust. Thanks to everyone.

Real Name
Mike
This seems like this is also an example of Robert Capa’s philosophy of, if the image not good enough, get closer.
I'm not sure what you mean but I like shooting w/ a 35mm lens and get close to the subject to get the feeling of connection. I could only get so close as the workers were on a flat bed truck.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom