Which Opanda product for Shutter actuations?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Steve S, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I'd like to know how any shutter actuations my D2X has, but don't know which Opanda product to download.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Steve,
    Opanda's IEexif is the most convenient product for images displayed in Internet Explorer as it is always readily accessible from the IE dropdown (right-click) menu. For offline viewing and complete EXIF viewing, IrfanView also will display the shutter count.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Paul and Bob. But Paul, I do preserve the EXIF data in my shots, including my jpgs. What about if somewhere along the way, you've reset the file numbering sequence in your camera? I always name my keeper shots with a prefix in front of the actual file number, but is that an accurate measurement of the actual shutter actuations? the whole reason for doing this is to be able to advertise the actual shutter clicks to a potential buyer. I already have 2 IE plugins for reading EXIF data from web displayed pics.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2005
  5. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Steve,
    The file numbering system is totally separated from the shutter actuation count. You can restart the file numbering as often as you like without affecting the shutter count.

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    pic:

ok, here's the latest pic I took with the 2X I'm thinking of selling (*through* the screen door).
    original.

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Steve -- I read 5496 shutter releases with both Opanda and IrfanView. Because of the way that pbase handles the link, I have to dig the file out of my temporary Internet files, but all info is still there (more than you ever wanted to know)

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks you 2. PM'd you both. So what program did you use for that info Paul? Now I gotta really think this over before arriving at a decision to sell or not.