1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which pair would YOU wear?

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by spalding12, Jul 19, 2008.

1. if you had to pick one....
    which one would YOU wear?

252607360_sCn5p-X2.

2. I want hot pink ones.

but if I had to choose one of those, it would have to be the blue with the yellow laces

3. good choice, wendy
    very nice

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm into Yellow Box, Donald J. Pliner and Christian Louboutin (okay, so the last one is just a dream...but I'm a girl, so I'm allowed).

From your choices, Greg...I like the blue and green ones one the far right (though truthfully I wouldn't wear them...).

5. Christian Louboutin, Leigh
    holy cow....
    one of my nurses drools over these daily... has none, of course
    you have VERY EXPENSIVE TASTE, my dear....
    of course, there are NO SEXIER SHOES ON EARTH

very interesting, leigh :smile:

6. Black & white because they are the least flashy.
    My kids say that I am boring.

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Those names mean nothing to me Leigh, now I know how my sister feels when I try to talk to her about cameras!

Greg, I'd take the shoes which are mostly black. I'm bound to get dirt all over them within about 4 seconds of opening the box and it wouldn't show up so badly on shoes which are mostly black.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey, I did say it was a dream, right?!

9. of course....
    but, a nice southern gal from alabama dreaming about these most amazing foot adornments... very intriguing. Leigh, you are a very multi-faceted lady... and i mean that in the VERY BEST POSSIBLE WAY

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Okay...to enlighten some of you...

This is my favorite pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. All Christian Louboutin shoes have the red sole...it's just sooooo...Ooo lah lah!!!:Love::Love::Love: (size 6)

Donald J Pliner

And then for something in the much more reasonable range...

Yellow Box Shoes

11. i find these last few posts most enjoyable
    i have spent a great deal of time getting to know these shoes.... because of my nurses

your choices are amazing, intriguing, and wonderful

12. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    $1085 for a pair of shoes... *faints*

13. If these were the only choices - barefoot sounds good!:biggrin:

14. yeah....
    UNreal, huh

of course, let's be honest.... some "shoe hounds" would FAINT at the cost of OUR GLASS... now, wouldn't they? :tongue::biggrin:

15. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Oh yeah, but hey whatever keeps you happy

There are far worse things to blow your money on that posh shoes and fancy lenses

16. i agree.... 1,000%
    i know a few folk who don't mind spending 3 days in Vegas... and spending $5,000.00 without thinking about it.

we like to travel
    but... after spending the 5K, i'd LIKE to be able to see SOMETHING on my closet shelf :biggrin:

17. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I could be caught in the second from left without it being caught dead. I might go as far as the left most pair as well. For the rest it would only be dead. I like women in nice shoes but $1085 is crazy when you can get this much for your money.

http://www.sheplers.com/womens/lucchese_boots/045710.html

Now, that's on the crazy scale too since other material is available that makes just as nice a boot at a more reasonable price. For that $1085 you can get both a Sunday go to meeting and an everday go to milking pair with enough left over for a really good 6x work hat.

18. If I were to be able to spend 5K on something, it would be a D3, and I definitely would not be putting it on my closet shelf. :Love: (forget shoes)

19. Wow, I just realized how far behind in fashion I am these days!!! Used to be that I knew all the "right" names and spent hours looking at clothes and shoes and bags in Bloomie's and Neiman's and Saks..... Never had heard of Christian Louboutin, but wow, those are really sexy shoes!!!! Next time I'm in one of the high-end stores I'll have a look..... I'm still wearing some of the Bruno Magli pumps I bought back in those days when I was clothes-crazy and shoe-crazy. More often, though, you'll find me in my beloved Teva sandals from the minute it begins to turn warm in the spring through chilly days in November when I'm putting socks on but still hating to give up my sandals..... When cooler weather comes I get out the Minnetonka moccasins and also my clogs and boots. Being retired has its definite advantages! My feet are happier, too..... These days I'd much rather spend that kind of money on lenses and camera bodies, computers and iPhones and other goodies.....

To answer the question, my eye is attracted to the green-and-orange (but maybe they're actually green-and-red) shoes, but I probably wouldn't wear them, as I really don't like shoes that tie and I am not all that crazy about running shoes/athletic shoes, etc. I like being able to quickly slip in-and-out of shoes. However, I most definitely do NOT like going barefoot and absolutely refuse to do so, at home or anywhere. At home in the summer I have my Havaianas flip-flops and in the winter, my warm wooly Haflinger clogs.......

Hey, Greg -- in Huntsville they have this elegant new shopping center that has a lot of expensive merchandise on offer, and just wandering through the place itself is a wonderful experience. It looks like a European village of sorts, and is built right on the water. They actually have a genuine Italian gondola in which people can experience a romantic evening or a fun daytime cruise around the area. Truly a delight! I can hardly wait to go back.....

20. nags

nags

Jan 30, 2008
    S. Florida
    I'd love to have any of them. I have a friend that has almost every pair pictured.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.