Which photo would be a better one to print...

going to a seminar by a guy that has helped me a lot in my practice. He and his wife enjoy wildlife stuff so I thought I'd print a photo of an osprey in flight. These are my best ones, but part of the wing is cut off in each. I printed 8x10's of each and they look great, but considering the cut off wingtip, which pose do you think is better looking. This crop is taken from a landscape format shot.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can see your quandary, Harris. The eye is sharper in the second, but I like the composition in the first better. I guess if I'd have to make a choice I'd go with the second one, but I think I'd crop the lower wing to about the point where the dark feathers are on the lower wing (bottom of these feathers). You can play with the dimensions by scrolling here on the screen. I think a crop would give you better proportions for the image and catch that lovely eye!

Virginia
aka beaucamera

G

Gordon Large

Both excellent images, Harris. I would definitely go with #2 because of the sharpness of the eye, and then play with cropping until you are happy with the result. I would try to keep the eye in the middle of the image to bring attention to it.

Gordon

I concur with the others, Harris. Since they both have the wings clipped, I'd go with the 2nd one. Eye and feathers in that shot seem a bit sharper to me!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom