1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which waistpack to buy

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Alan, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I'm looking for a camera waistpack, much like you see being used by alot of photographers on football fields. I'm finding plenty out there, but can't decide which it better. I'll be storing a 70-200 2.8, 50 1.8, Teleconverter and a SB600. I'm sure some of you must have used these. Any opinions or suggestions would be appreciated

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    If I were going to by a waist pack system, I would purchase from Think Tank. Their Modular components are very high quality. You can buy Think Tank's products with confidence.

3. I am using the Think Tank Modular system. Great set up, just make sure if you are on the edges (ie 34in etc) of the sizes go large they seem a little small.

4. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks for suggestions. Any others?

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Just got the think tank skin set. Used it today for the first time . I like it alot.

6. Another rave for the Think Tank gear. I used to use Lightware system and thought it was terrific - then I tried Think Tank.

Never looked back. In fact, you just gave me the idea to sell my Lightware gear. I'll post it up on the For Sale forum.

By the way - if you want a dedicated waist bag that you can still attach other "bags" and stuff to to hold your gear, you can begin with this and add whatever else you might need.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/ttp_product_SpdFrk.php

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

think tank is the way to go ..... anything else and you will be disapointed

8. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I'm looking at the Thinktank Speed demon and also a Lowepro Inverse 200 AW. I have a Lowepro backpack and consider it to be made very well.

9. Alan - double check to see that the TT Speed Demon will hold the 70-200. I seem to recall that it will not which is why I recommended the Speak Freak.

10. Alan

Alan

May 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I'll check that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.