Whimbrel Flight, Harrier, Reflection

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jfenton, Sep 28, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Three from this morning before work at Plum Island...

First...my first ever Whimbrel flight shot...

original.

A harrier sitting...a rare site for me...

original.

And lastly...another reflective moment...

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful captures, Jim. You definately have a gift for capturing birds and I look forward to seeing your images.

3. Very nice, Jim! I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that first bird. What a great way to start a day!!

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Kevin

I was pleased with this mornings start to the day :)

We have Whimbrels around here from time to time, but they are usually extremely spooky creatures. I've been fortunate in having them be approachable the past two weeks.

5. Very nice set of pictures. The third one shows you don't have to get in close to make a great picture (me to note :smile: ) By the way the bird in the picture looks to me like a Spotted Redshank which belongs this side of the Atlantic so it must be quite a rarity where you are photographing.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

All 3 are nice
    like the Harrier best, heard there some around here but haven't seen any, so I appreciate your post...gives me something new to shot for :smile:

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Jim. I especially like the first. Never heard of a Whimbrel before seeing your shot. Don't you just love it when they give you this kind of target? :smile:

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    As usual Jim they are marvelous.

9. Nice and a querry ?

Love the whimbrel we used to get a few in the San Francisco Bay area but mostly willets and long billed curlew.

Jim
    I am think of taking a short vacation and going to Cape Cod next week. My wife has never been and I was there in 1970 and I don't remember too much it was a very strange weekend :biggrin:
    How is the shooting at the Monomoy NWR do you have any tips?
    Don't think we will get all the way up to Plum Island maybe next trip :frown: