1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Whimbrel - My First Time .....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, May 6, 2007.

1. Went out yesterday and had a very slow day. Not much activity at all, but I did find something new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice find Bill. The third shot I really like the composition.

Louie

3. I have never seen one of these before Bill. They are funny looking. Nice find. Sorry I did not make it out yesterday. I had to do yard work since the sun was not out.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice find Bill..
    Nice birdie shots

5. Thanks, Louie. Wouldn't surprise me if we have actually seen these around in many places we visit, just too far away to shoot. As to that third image, it is a touch out of focus, but I liked it anyway. I may try to be a bit more aggresive on sharpening, or I might try to be a bit "artsy" and soften it even a touch more like a painting. Gale could probably help me with that one :wink:

Jim, thanks. These were shot on the beach at West Beach, you know, the REAL West Beach near Chip's place :biggrin: ( inside WA joke and I'm not gonna explain it :wink: ). Did not go into the park, since I saw no Eagles perched, but stopped at the parking lot down below on the beach and saw these guys fly in. I was actually trying to get closer to an Oyster Catcher I had seen from further South, but it was too far from either spot.

Thanks, Gale, there are so darned many different species of these shorebirds aren't there? Short-legged, long-legged, short-billed, long-billed, straight-billed, curved-bill, and all due to what they eat and how deep they wade. Amazing adaptation. So, what do you think about a more "painterly" look to #2 and #3?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.