1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

White Church of Our Lady of Mércoles, Castelo Branco, Portugal - Simple and beautiful

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Rui Lopes, Aug 6, 2009.

1. The Chapel of Our Lady of Mércoles is located on the outskirts of the city of Castelo Branco. Supposedly it was built by the monks of Order of Templários. Some inestigators claim that its foundations belong to a temple of the Roman period. The portal of entry and two side doors are warheads. The floor plan is in the chapel below the ground, and therefore need to be five steps down, there are traces of frescoes inside. It consists of a single nave and a chapel absidal. Its foundations were reinforced upon the XVII century.

115783253.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Nice image. A great piece of history !

3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Lovely, Rui - is there any part of Portugal you haven't been to???

4. Thanks, Robert.

I´m still doing a search for places I do not know so well. You see, along the life, I´ve been to several places that I now visit again but with a different "eye". That´s an advantage of our love for photography!:smile:

Rui
    D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

5. Love the image Rui...the stark white against the sky is amazing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Barb

6. jaikdee

jaikdee

Feb 25, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Great image and I enjoy reading the history of the church. You did very well capturing the white church without it looking blown out. I've tried photographing a couple of white missions in the Southwest and haven't been happy with any yet.
    Janet

7. Thanks, Barb.

Many thanks for the kind comments. The way I found to get balanced lightning on my images was to start shooting RAW and choosing "M" exposure. That helped a lot getting the results I was searching for.
    Rui

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon:smile: glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.