White Egret

Driving home from work I slammed on the brakes when I saw a white egret at the local pond grabbed my D2X and 300 f4 with 1.4 tele and grabbed some shots. He wasn't interested in feeding just preening himself
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done, Mike! Great egrets are beautiful birds and they do spend a lot of time just standing around or preening themselves. Nice captures!

Hey, I think that first bird use to live down here. I have a few shots of him with the same feather sticking out. :shock:

I think I need an attitude adjustment. You slam on the brakes and get out and shoot while I see these things every day. Some posing, some flying by, etc, etc, and I just yawn. :roll:

Love the rippled background of the last 2. Great shots, Mike!

Mike,

well he/she sure preened well.
Beautiful shots.

HOWEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your not allowed to take BIG birdies.

Go back to your front yard.

By the way, MOST folks go to thier BACK yard for this. HUmmmmmmm

lololol

drueter said:
Well done, Mike! Great egrets are beautiful birds and they do spend a lot of time just standing around or preening themselves. Nice captures!
Thanks Don I appreicte the kidn words they are so much fun to watch

Kevin Scott said:
Hey, I think that first bird use to live down here. I have a few shots of him with the same feather sticking out. :shock:

I think I need an attitude adjustment. You slam on the brakes and get out and shoot while I see these things every day. Some posing, some flying by, etc, etc, and I just yawn. :roll:

Love the rippled background of the last 2. Great shots, Mike!
Well I sure hoep more migrate up to my neck of the woods, you shoudl be tckled pink of all the birding oppurtunites you guys have down there.

Gale said:
Mike,

well he/she sure preened well.
Beautiful shots.

HOWEVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your not allowed to take BIG birdies.

Go back to your front yard.

By the way, MOST folks go to thier BACK yard for this. HUmmmmmmm

lololol
Thanks Gale
These are the little birds I have been adding anabolic steroids into there feed for a few months now, pretty nice effect wouldn't you say.
Yes well if you saw the beast named Reilly that roams our backyard you would understand why they are in the front yard!

B

bfjr

Like the 1st and last one contrast of white and green very nice and very crisp shots

Make sure you check rear view mirror before slamming on brakes for photo ops, been there done that :lol:

Mike...

Interstingly....from what i've seen of these birds, they only show the green in the face during breeding season? At least that's what the ones here in MA tend to exhibit.

Very nice shots Mike. Can't help but like one & four with that feather sticking out. As someone said, the ripple effect in 2 & 3 is interesting, but kind of distracts from the bird. What do you think?

Living near Medford Lakes I think I'll start to haunt a couple of them. Maybe get lucky too.

One of my sons lives in Shamong and claims to have a blue heron hang out in his backyard. I haven't seen it yet. But now I never go there without the camera.

John

Hi Mike

Beautiful series Mike, very envious of all your birds out there, and Kevin, dont get me going!!! :evil: #2 is my favourite, just stands out, nice DOF and like the composition with the ripled water.
I see they still havent pried that d2x from your hands yet. LOL

Beautiful shots. Looks like he was posing specifically for you. Love the side profiles on these birds - very elegant.

bfjr said:
Like the 1st and last one contrast of white and green very nice and very crisp shots

Make sure you check rear view mirror before slamming on brakes for photo ops, been there done that :lol:
Good advice about chekcign the rear view mirror :shock:
Thanks for looking

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom