White House photographer segment on PBS

I came across a great segment on White House photographer Pete Souza on PBS tonight. Pete is President Obama's photographer. The hour long segment details not only Pete's work but other Presidential photographers. I highly suggest watching it if you have a chance. The link is below.

http://www.pbs.org/programs/presidents-photographer/

Thanks for the heads up. Really was a great program, and amazing to see how many pictures they take.

Sucks that he was shooting Canon though haha

I watched it in February when (I think) it first aired. Very, very interesting. Never a dull moment in that job, but lots of responsibility, so plenty of pressure to get the shot too. He has full access to everything, but gets no second chances.

From the schedule depicted on the show, I don't know when he gets to sleep!

I watched the episode last night, I found it to be extremely interesting. As much as I think I would enjoy a similar opportunity, it has to be an extremely stressful job. And as Bert mentions, I wonder when Pete sleeps.

No doubt Pete sleeps standing up. I wonder what the resume needs to look like to land that gig?

I watched it also on Netflix. I love the part where his memory card ran out of space while he was getting ready to take a picture of the president posing with a VIP. Awkward silence. He puts in a replacement and says he was so moved by the President's speech just prior that he took a lot of pictures and it must have filled up quicker than expected.

Beautiful save! LOL poor guy.

I watched it also on Netflix. I love the part where his memory card ran out of space while he was getting ready to take a picture of the president posing with a VIP. Awkward silence. He puts in a replacement and says he was so moved by the President's speech just prior that he took a lot of pictures and it must have filled up quicker than expected.

Beautiful save! LOL poor guy.
No doubt Ted, I felt bad for him

Just got time to sit down and watch it. Very interesting, some fantastic photos from throughout the years were shown, really makes you aspire to make better images as a photographer

I wonder if he is ever able to take a vacation or personal day. Doing a term without any of those would be difficult family wise if you have one and personally working so many days.

I wonder if he is ever able to take a vacation or personal day. Doing a term without any of those would be difficult family wise if you have one and personally working so many days.
I would imagine he could, there was a team of photographers...I'm assuming one might be able to fill in for him for a day...I could be wrong though

One of the interesting aspects to his duties that was mentioned (if I recall and understood correctly) is that he's prohibited, by law, from deleting any images that he's shot. They all go to the National Archives.

How many of us would be happy to not delete any of our "failures"? :biggrin:

Fascinating show of a fascinating job.

One of the interesting aspects to his duties that was mentioned (if I recall and understood correctly) is that he's prohibited, by law, from deleting any images that he's shot. They all go to the National Archives.

How many of us would be happy to not delete any of our "failures"? :biggrin:

Fascinating show of a fascinating job.
That was my first thought when I heard that. Maybe he doesn't have any failures?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom