White Ibis on the beach

Hey Everybirdy,

My "amucking" is over and I've amassed over 1500 images to pore over :eek:! I'm sure that'll dwindle down to a couple hundred quickly to say the least.
I took my son to the beach yesterday and ran into a few White Ibis foraging in the surf...
All handheld with the VR off!! That still baffles me.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 98503

View attachment 98504

View attachment 98505

Must be some sand fleas in that thar ocean:>)))
Funny to see them on the beach
Good shots

Those first two have got to be two of the most beautifully done photos I've even seen. I love all the whiteness and the way the birds look frozen but the water in the foreground looks fluid.

I can almost feel the water on my knobby ibis knees.

Can you share your settings on those, pretty please, so I can go lay in the sand on the beach for a decade trying to duplicate those shots?

Wow these are very nice! I don't recall seeing photos of them in the surf either. I agree the whiteness adds a lot to these.

Very good captures Thomas. All very good, but the first two are simply excellent.

Thank you everyone for your kind and generous comments! I was rather happy with the results considering the high sun in combination with white subjects. The first 2 images are at f/7.1, 1/2000th @ 185mm. The last 2 images are at 1/2500 and the third image is at 270mm. All are minimally cropped and just a touch of sliders in ACR.

Thanks again everyone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom