White Iris

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Beezle, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Another time lapse. This one was actually a part of a larger composition, but some 600 frames :eek: and several days into it, I blew it.

So this single, ordinary white iris is what I scrounged (cropped) from it. 350 or so frames, five minutes apart. The QuickTime movie, here, is about 17 MB.

_D2X1624-web.

These things are beautiful, at least to me, but can be heartbreaking. Particularly when you are a hopeless perfectionist. Live and learn!

Thing I am trying next is another composition. Still need to figure out how to even out lighting frame to frame, and find other subjects so I can do this more than once per year.

2. Note I made a fix to the movie and need to copy it again. If you don't see it, just wait a while and try again.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I just can't wait to see.

Can you slow the opening of the flower a bit, it just seemed so fast with the blue one....(purple whatever...lolol

4. Yeah that one was too short. This one is much longer.

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    You are a true master at this. Just beautiful to watch. Thank you for sharing with us.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well it is absolutely beautiful
    heehee I saw the bug:))))

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    What bug?......I will have to look again.

8. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Gale, you can control the speed yourself if you press on the play button and move it across yourself. You can also watch it backwards which is kinda cool.

9. What a nice thing to say. Thanks.

I think I have a way to go yet. One thing I finally realized is I got too cheap of a strobe to light these. So much for any new lenses for a while. Time to buy a crazy expensive light.

Thank you Gale. I'd do these even if you were my entire audience.

I'll probably try another fancier one this weekend (gulp) but might just wait until I have a better (more consistent) light. Danged those BH people taking so much time off. :biggrin:

10. lisantica

lisantica

Jul 4, 2006
    So. Calif.
    I just love how these unfold! I never knew how they did until you showed us your first iris and now this one!

These projects are time consuming for sure! As you know I tried one....not easy at all!

Great work Ed!
    Lisa

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You yvette
    I could watch that all day...hee
    Very peaceful and beautiful

12. I watched both the blue and the white iris movies. Simply fantastic! With all that has already been said, I don't know what else to add.

13. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Go ahead, treat yourself. I think you deserve it.

14. Beautiful!!! I can watch your time lapse movies all day long. You inspired me to do it again. I'm running out of flower types to use - we're only selling tulips and daffodils around here just now. One of the employees at the local observatory was kind enough to give me an iris head but it was one of those which just got fatter and then popped open suddenly. No fun!

These are great, Beezle!

15. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

very cool ! I have to try that some day when I have more patience.

16. Thanks Dave, Sandi, Yvette, Tom, Gale and Lisa.

Not sure these require patience so much as forgetting it's running. :biggrin:

I am doing an IR timelapse today. Will post that in the IR forum when it is done.