White Lilly

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by sbuttrick, Jun 27, 2005.

1. The white Lillies bloomed yesterday in the garden. I'm not sure what the official name for this is, but it sure looks pretty.

[​IMG]

D2x with 105mm micro

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

I'm having problems seeing the image. Apparently pbase is acting up again. (I had the same problem viewing one of Harris's posts a few minutes ago.) I could see the top 20%, and that looked pretty good. I'll check back later and see it I can see the whole thing. :?

3. Thanks Frank,

It took forever to upload to Pbase tonight. The image loaded when I put up the post, but I see what you mean....I'm only seeing the top too. Hope Pbase gets things fixed soon.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Scott,

Now I can see it just fine, and it is a very fine image. Your exposure is just about perfect on this very white flower.

Well done. :wink:

5. Scott,

Your lily is beautiful. You have captured every detail of this lily and the lighting is superb.

I spent some time with deep orange lilies in the resident garden at work. Unfortunately, I cannot manipulate their position or step inside the boundaries of their gardens, so I am stuck with annoying obstacles. Thank you for the image, now I know what to work on with respect to lighting and composition.

6. Thanks for the kind words Crystall. It helps when my wife isn't home to see me tramping all over her garden......

7. Superb shot Scott. I must show this flower to my wife for next year planting.

8. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Beautiful flower, beautiful capture.

Looks like a Muscadet - a form of Oriental, Oreinpet, and Aurelian Lilies.

C

9. Very nice, a lot of details, the white flowers are about the most difficult to photograph.

10. Great stuff Scott! Looks like you are getting the most out of "my" lens :^)