white pelican up close

Very calm birds
_DSC0219-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_DSC0226-Edit.jpg

Real Name
Walter Rowe
These are great. I wish the background was a little darker to separate them from it a bit better. You have accept what opportunity you are offered. Good job! Excellent detail. I too like the second one best.

Very nicely done Allan, I like the second one best.
Thanks Louie.

These are great. I wish the background was a little darker to separate them from it a bit better. You have accept what opportunity you are offered. Good job! Excellent detail. I too like the second one best.
Thanks Walter. I know what you mean on the bg but it was cloudy.

2 votes for 2. ;)

Real Name
Dan
Couple of nice ones, Allan. Great detail and color. Maybe try to selectively lighten the eye a bit?

Couple of nice ones, Allan. Great detail and color. Maybe try to selectively lighten the eye a bit?

Thanks - I just did that.
Instead of reposting the images here are before and after crops of the eye area.
CapturFiles_1.jpg

CapturFiles.jpg

Real Name
Dan
Well there's a little more color/detail there. That rascal really has dark eyes. On the other hand the high rez crops really show how good overall the underlying detail is in the image. That Sony glass looks pretty darn good.

Wonderful details in the white tones, Allan. I prefer the first one because of its color (my monitor is calibrated); the difference between them is almost like the difference between sRGB and RGB color spaces being displayed on the Internet. I actually like the similarity between the background and subject. There is just enough separation to make it obvious when closely examining it. I'm leaning a lot lately toward enjoying images that require us to take a moment and examine the details rather than images with characteristics that pop out at us immediately upon viewing them, and both of these photos are perfect examples.

Latest threads

Top Bottom