White Pelicans are back for the winter - YEA!

I probably have gathered 10k+ Pelican images over the years, but I still get excited when I see these guys for the 1st time during any given season.

They have been "wintering" in North TX as long as I can recall. A few years back, I captured a image with a clear wing tag and discovered that many of these guys are from Utah.

They are like B-52's & are beautiful.

50473184348_0cbb62ab7d_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

50473883111_94a29df96b_o.jpg

50473885171_d5a74ab82a_o.jpg

50474038292_7e3bac0825_o.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice set PhilM_TX.
Lots of details in plumage in white area.
Well done. 🦢
Thank you Bob. As always, much appreciated. :) These guys make it easy on the photog.

Well done Phil, you got some beautiful images here.
Thanks Louis. As I mentioned initially, I just get really excited to see these guys return each year. The 1st sighting makes me feel young again. Lol...

You did them justice, Phil. Really a nice set both compositions and techs. Nicely done.
Thank you Dan. That is quite kind and appreciated.

Well done.
Thanks Nick. I bet you have some of these guys during the summer months...???...

Well done. You certainly frabbed alot of detail in the whitish areas. Two is my favorite but all are nice.
Garcias, Sir. These guys really do make it easy. It's more them than me.

Beautiful! Great job exposing for the white feather detail.
Appreciate it Mike! :)

Wonderful set of images, Phil! #2 and 4 are especially nice! Glad you have something to photograph!
Thank you Karen.
It was just about perfect timing. Our Hummers seem to be gone, so now the big birds are back.

They will provide options throughout he winter, as they are quite routine and predictable in their activities.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom