Critique White Sands

I captured this photograph at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico before the virus suspended my travel. Since that trip, White Sands was elevated to National Park status.

2019-11-18 NM-151-bw WM.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Very interesting, Glenn! If you had omitted the sky, I'm not sure I would have known that the image is a landscape.
Thanks Mike...there were no clouds in the sky on the day I captured this image. Although I wanted to include some sky to give this picture a sense of place, I wanted to minimize the sky. In subsequent days, I was rewarded with some interesting clouds.
You definitely have that eye for lines, Glenn! Wonderful shot!
Thank you, Dossy...I do enjoy lines!

Glenn

there were no clouds in the sky on the day I captured this image. Although I wanted to include some sky to give this picture a sense of place, I wanted to minimize the sky.

Everything about that adds to the other worldly feeling for me. Everything comes together just great for me, so much so that any change to it probably wouldn't work as well for me.

Love it. Well done.
Thank you, Nick
Everything about that adds to the other worldly feeling for me. Everything comes together just great for me, so much so that any change to it probably wouldn't work as well for me.
Thanks again, Mike. The thing I enjoy most about White Sands is its otherworldly landscapes. It's a photographer's paradise!
I like it a lot
Thanks Randy...much appreciated
Extraordinary image, Glenn!
Excellent work!
Thank you, Bart. I appreciate it.

Glenn

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Did not realize it changed status. Great image. I was there last in 1998, shooting Fuji ASA 400 slide film on my Olympus OM2.

Did not realize it changed status. Great image. I was there last in 1998, shooting Fuji ASA 400 slide film on my Olympus OM2.
Thanks Wade...yes, it changed shortly after my visit there late last year. I hope that the National Park designation doesn't attract too many more people.
Very nice...really works in B&W
Thank you, John

Glenn

That's really an interesting image Glenn, well done. White Sands is a favorite place to go. The silence and lack of people makes it magical as well
Thanks Andreas...for some of my photographs, I hiked a couple of miles back into the dunes. The thing that struck me the most was how quiet it was. I don't think I have ever experienced such total silence. On that particular day, there wasn't any wind at all.

Glenn

Latest threads

Top Bottom