1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

White seamless portaits (photo added)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by isayx3, Sep 1, 2008.

1. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    I got a chance to try out this roll of white seamless paper that I ordered several weeks ago. I love how versatile its..you can get white, grey or even black background color. For these shots i was going for grey. My lovely wife volunteered.

2818016033_018bb7109e_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2812696629_3bd0d86e86_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2008
  2. The paper looks great as does your pictures.

I have been wanting paper, just haven't ordered it yet.

How were they lit?

You wife is beautiful and really has some fashion sense... great outfits and accessories.

3. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    Very nice, the back gave you a very nice gray and your wife is a perfect subject.

4. your wife is beautiful
    and these shots came out gray

we'd love to hear more about the setup... please

5. These are great. How wide a roll did you buy?

6. Beautiful photos! Your wife really is the perfect subject.

7. gorgeous model you have there. Love the poses and the backdrop works really well!

8. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    Roll is about 9ft wide. Almost to big for the room I setup in.

The set up was pretty basic..a 1 flash setup for both. Stood the model (my wife) about 7ft away from the backdrop. 1 sb-800 to the high front, slightly to the left. The first image was shot thru a softbox. The second was shot into a DIY turkeypan/fong lightphere beauty dish I made.

Thanks for the comments so far.

9. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Love the smile in your wife's eyes in the first one, great capture!

10. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Wow, really like the skin tone on your beautiful wife in pic #1, tell her how nice she looks.

11. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great job...can you tell me where you got it...have a link?

12. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
  13. wow she is gorgeous! i love the grey effect with white backgrounds best. these look great

14. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    backdrop? I can't help but looking at her terrific make-up.... I can't help it. I'm such a girl.

15. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    One more from that shoot:

2824357248_d2676353dc_o.jpg

Added one more light via shoot thru below the softbox to light her lower half. I wanted to get a full body..but the low ceilings in that room wouldn't let me pull back enough.

16. Excellent shots!! You've got a gorgeous wife - you only took 3 pics? :biggrin:

17. JDex

JDex

Jul 17, 2007
    Cerritos, CA
    nice shots! and she's beautiful

18. I like your images and of course your wife is lovely. In looking at image #2, I feel it is too dark and the WB is off (to the green side). I couldn't resist the temptation to play with it just a little to see what the problem was. The first thing I did was to go to levels and noticed that the histogram data was a bit removed from the right side. I then took the white eye dropper and clicked on the brightest part of her blouse. This brightened the image and made her eyes more visable and also gave some detail to her hair. I then made a couple of minor adjustments with the contrast/brightness slider and lastly went to hue/saturation and increased the saturation just a bit. Try it and see what you think.

19. isayx3

isayx3

Apr 12, 2008
    Corona, Ca
    Thanks gordon..ill give it a try!

20. wiseman

wiseman Guest

Great shots and very nice poses!

What lens did you use for this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.