white stars and glasses | Shanghai | Noctilux

One from a recent night in Shanghai:

5709773892_d83a91ee80_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

white stars and glasses

Attachments

• 5709773892_d83a91ee80_o.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 5709773892_d83a91ee80_o.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 56
Very cool Dirk.

Such a simple yet elegant image. The rendering of the Noctilux really adds to this great photo.

Gregory

@Gregory
Thanks Gregory - this lens is my most loved one!
If you love it just enough, it will not give the finickydicky, some people write about on the internet ;-)
It just turns out shots - I love that!

@Bart
Thank you! I do not know, how it happened, but at some point, I limited myself to just black and white photographs.
Color is way to distractive, when you are developing yourself without a mentor, to regularly put you back on a path.
I love B&W for this very matter. B&W can be a mentor for somebodies photography, as it filters out all temptations of straying.

@Vince
Thanks! Yes, for many this is the main reason of getting a fast lens like the Noctilux these days of high ISO digital cameras.
for me though, it is just a sweet byproduct, sometimes also a limitation, as you need DOF.
At first for me, the Noctilux always was the ticket, to shoot my preferred camera in the dark, that it has the nicest fine detailed rendering of all lenses, I tried is just me getting lucky :biggrin:

This morning during a first coffee, still delusioned, I had my nasty fantasy again, finding a way, to get the Noct-Nikkor rangefinder coupled for Leica M mount …

@Dossy
Thank you very much Dossy!
It really is a pity, these small web images don't do the real thing justice.
Don't misunderstand me, but he has a very beautiful face, which looks just wonderful, when displayed bigger - I am sure, he or his girlfriend would like a print.

@Stephanie
Thanks!

@Peter H
Thanks you! the narrow dof mainly was dictated here by the little light available. It was much more dim, than the photo suggests, as shot @ 1/45 ISO640 f1 ;-)
I wish, I had a bit more light, to better include the juxtaposed girls on the next stand in the background.

I miss my old Noctilux, but a new one will have to wait a little while! It was never my most used lens, but nice to have. Its nice to see you putting it to good use and enjoying it!

I miss my old Noctilux, but a new one will have to wait a little while! It was never my most used lens, but nice to have. Its nice to see you putting it to good use and enjoying it!

Peter, a pitty, you sold it.
Everything, which could possibly remotely make fit, glued or duct taped close to a Leica skyrockets in price these days - it is completely insane!

When you could find Noctilux samples for under 2000 USD just a few years ago, you will hardly be pressed, to find a nice sample (any version) for less than three times of that!

It is soo bad, that now also ancient exotic (or even remotely so) lenses skyrocket in price.
Want to pick up a classic, fast Canon RF lens 10 years ago? You could easily swap a beaten Leica M4 body for one - nowadays, asking prices are a few grand for the same thing :eek:

Things get out of proportion and everybody should really act quick before reasonable user samples are ending up behind glass!

I am just trying, to get a Canon 0.95 for it's interesting look wide open - it's getting difficult, as sellers already start, to have unreasonable dreams about it ;-)

Latest threads

Top Bottom