White tigers at Bali Safari Park

Real Name
John A Alexander
I might get to see tigers in the wild, but I do not expect I will get to see white tigers anywhere else apart from zoos and wildlife parks.

All shots done at ISO1600 with the Nikon AF-S 80-400 f4.5-5.6G.

1)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-1 by johnaalex, on Flickr

2)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-2 by johnaalex, on Flickr

3)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-3 by johnaalex, on Flickr

4)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-4 by johnaalex, on Flickr

5)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-5 by johnaalex, on Flickr

6)

White tigers, Bali Safari Park-6 by johnaalex, on Flickr

All comments welcome, thank you.

Interesting side note, all white tigers are said to be from one of the last known white tiger in the world around the mid 1950s. It was crossed bred with siblings and all white tigers are consider to be inbred and most have some form of deformity, even though it may not be noticeable. The white gene is supposedly 1 in 10,000 born would be white. Common problem is cross eyed.

I work at Big Cat rescue and we have 9 white ones. One is noticeably cross eyed.

Interesting side note, all white tigers are said to be from one of the last known white tiger in the world around the mid 1950s. It was crossed bred with siblings and all white tigers are consider to be inbred and most have some form of deformity, even though it may not be noticeable. The white gene is supposedly 1 in 10,000 born would be white. Common problem is cross eyed.

I work at Big Cat rescue and we have 9 white ones. One is noticeably cross eyed.
I heard much the same thing on a tour of a big cat rescue around Eureka Springs, AR where they had a white tiger with a noticeably deformed head/muzzle.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom