Whitetail Buck

Man, is it HOT in St. Louis in the summer; its like being in a sauna. I made a pass through Route 66 park, and caught this guy - got to sit in the air-conditioned car - the best way to shoot :smile:

Man, the 300 is GREAT! I can crop down enough on one pic to get a really good shot of the fly on his left antler tip. I love this lens :biggrin:

D200 300 f2.8 VR f4.5 ISO 320 1/1250

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
XenonSupra - Every time I use the 300 I am amazed. Not everything is sharp, but if its not, its my fault - not the lens. I will never let it go!

Dave - Thanks for the comments. Not much to shoot around St. Louis in summer - even too hot to go to the zoo. Fall is coming :smile:

W

Whitedog

I/m not a deer hunter but I took my bird dogs to Kansas the past two years. You folks have some really nice deer and lots of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for the nice comments - I just got lucky - looked out the car window, and there he was. He was really chowing down on the foliage.

Interesting story about Route 66 park. Many years ago, before the sprawling suburbs, this was Times Beach - an area about 45 minutes from downtown St. Louis, where many people had weekend cabins on the Meramec River. A contractor contaminated it with Dioxin, and the EPA condemned it all. Everything was torn down and destroyed. Years later, they brought in an incinerator - and viola - its now a park, with hiking/biking/horseback trails along the river, and TONS of deer. This 10-point buck looks pretty healthy to me :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom