WhiteWater Part 1

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Jul 21, 2007.

1. my 1st time visiting the center in Charlotte

a 'cool' place to shoot for sure

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Some folks look very serious and some look like they are having a great time:>))

Super pics

3. Randy those are awesome! I love the closeups on #1 & 2, but the wider angle of #3 is so cool because of the rock formations on the right side and the water surrounding them.

Well done!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Those are some nice shots Randy, this looks like an enjoyable shoot. Which lens did you use, I would think some real long glass would yield some nice results?

5. thx Frank
    I started w/ the 300/4 but switched to the 70-200 very soon...access is great and u can get very close

[​IMG]

6. thx Steve

7. thx Gale

8. Cool series Randy. I love the spray in the last one.

9. Dietz

Dietz Guest

Randy
    How did you get such DOF using F4? What type metering did you use to get all of the boat in focus?

These shots are fantastic

10. thx Gary
    matrix on most spot and center weighted on a few....
    everybody in the boat is close and i tried to hit the lead person, even when the boat was sideways...funny thing is f4 was for bokeh but i didn't really need it because of the crops and the water background but the ss-s were nice...some as high as 1/4000. I also set ev=-.3 alot to keep the white water from blowing out. It was around 10am and an amazing day of sun and low humidity....I may go back today w/ the fish eye for some gag shots

11. thx larry

i just finished my 1st swim meet season so this was a perfect outing for me (my 1st time shooting whitewater)...i may try for some slower ss-s to get a more milky look to the water

12. Cool photos Randy. Looks like fun!

13. thx Ty