Whittier and Portage, Alaska

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by obelix, Jul 15, 2005.

1. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Travelogue here:

http://clixclix.blogspot.com/2005/07/alaska-travelogue-part-2-portage-and.html

[​IMG]

Portage lake and glacier, Tokina 12-24, 3 stop GND

[​IMG]

Hills and clouds, Portage, Tokina 12-24, Polarizer

[​IMG]

Shakespeare Glacier, Portage, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR

[​IMG]

Waterfalls created by Shakespeare Glacier, Portage, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR

[​IMG]

Railroad to Whittier, Portage, Tokina 12-24

[​IMG]

Driving thru the tunnel, Tokina 12-24

[​IMG]

Contrasting mountains, Whittier, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR

[​IMG]

Totempole, Whittier, Tokina 12-24, Tiffen circular polarizer

2. Very nice shots, Anand! How are you liking the Tokina? How long have you been using it?

3. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
  4. Hi Anand,

Great landscapes! I see that you put that Tokina 12-24 to good use, scratch that, great use! 8) :lol: I think it's a must have in Alaska. My faves are the first and the rail tracks. Well done! I plan on reading your blog when time permits: thanks for sharing.

5. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Philippe

Thanks again. I have some interesting shots coming up tomorrow :). I used only two lenses most of the time, the tokina 12-24 and 70-200 VR. Really great lenses.

anand