Who has the most D series ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuSimmo, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Just wondering if anyone had a full house of D series, ie D1, D1H, D1X, etc etc.

If not who comes closest. Would love to see pics of the line up.

Stu

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Would the following line-up suffice: D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, (D2HS coming), D2X. Plus a couple of D70 ?

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    My spread is more along the lines of
    1. Coolpix 990
    2. N90s (I would sell, but I'd only get like $10)
    3. F5 (Never will I let it go)
    4. D70 (wifes)
    5. D1x (Doesn't see much light since the D2h)
    6. D2h

4. nfoto

nfoto, you have got to get a pic of them lined up. boy am I envious. I assume you never owned the D100 ??

5. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Nope. Just tested and reviewed D100.

Haven't a photo of all my DSLRs (nor of all the film-based cameras), but this picture at least shows a typical line-up when I'm on the road,

U0409_151872.

6. Fantastic !!!

Fantastic ! Hope you have good car insurance :!:

7. This collection would make any paparazzi blush! :) :wink: :eek:

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Bjorn, I must have missed when you joined. It's
    great to have you here on the Cafe

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Bjørn :

What a thorough delight to see you over here. I was remarking in another thread that I didn't know if you had been made aware of this relatively new forum, and then, here you are.

With that assortment of lenses and bodies, I think you win the question on the most gear. I do, however, wonder what you do if you want to bring all of that on a hike ! :D

John P.

10. Bjorn,

YOUR OUTTA CONTROL MISTER!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I only have a D100.

That is one heck of a image of "STUFF" in that car. :>))))

Holey smokes.

Cheers
    Gale

12. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Bjorn,
    You're the winner! This contest is over and I didn't even know it was a contest....

If I had that stuff in the back of my car I wouldn't even be able to stop at a 'rest stop'.

I have shown that to my whole family and they all voted that you WIN!!!

Great picture!

Best to you,
    Gaye

13. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Fortunately, I drive a very small (French) car, so cannot bring much gear with me :)

Come to think of it, this might even be beneficial to my photography.

14. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

I just hope you don't try to carry all that stuff when you decide to go trekking off road Bjorn :D

15. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I'm Norwegian, Carol, we are known to do everything in our own manner :)

No, on a more serious note, I was cured from carrying too much after practising this in the field with my 300/2 lens, it produced ugly bruises everywhere on my body. So, I have set a definitive perimeter from my car (100-200 m) and won't venture beyond that distance with more than my smallest Sachtler tripod, a single camera body with one lens attached and another in one of my pockets. On the other hand, it is kind of surprising what you can find worth working with close to your car.

16. Carol Steele

Carol Steele Guest

I know what you mean Bjorn. At weddings I carry round a D2X, a D2H and a D1X plus the 28-70mm f2.8 AFS, the 70-200mm f2.8 VR, the 12-24mm f4, the 1.7 converter, 3 SB flash units. a Manfrotto pro tripod and a monopod (the tripod only gets used in the church though).

I think my next upgrade will be a pack mule :roll:

17. You must have very big pockets if you can stick a 300/2 in them... and a strong belt, too :lol:. And if someone should happen to wander in your area, I'll bet you give them quite a fright!

18. Anyone else got any outrageous pics like Byorn's ??

19. not outrageous, but D70, D100, and D2H. it's more than i need, but haven't found the right time to get rid of any of them.

IMG_0021.

considering I'm only 22, I think I'm heading towards a bad bad road...

Sorry for the chromatic abberration, didn't have a D2X to shoot the pic with =) shot with a canon sd300

20. AndyE

AndyE

May 2, 2005
    Vienna, Austria
    I wouldn't call my collection outrageous, rather a reasonable careful selection of stuff over a very long time. :wink:

Andy

original.