Who has upgraded to the new D2H Firmware 2.01 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keith, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Interested to see who has upgraded and can they see any before or after differences......seems to have fixed a few bugs but in the big scheme of things no biggies.............interested in your thoughts

2. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    There's an update? I should go check it out.

3. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I did the update, but seeing as it's 8pm here already, I will not be taking the camera out until tomorrow. Rrom the reading, it only fixes minor things that I have not noticed anyways.

4. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    There's one guy in a thread that did a structured comparision before and after, and posted the results. Quite enlighting and well done. Can't say that there's a visable difference between the two.

Me, I'm lazy and prolly just upgrade the FW a bit later. Reports say you don't lose your settings though.

5. Did it successfully; uneventful. I've seen the images; several have noticeable differences down to 800 (barely) but on the two I've seen 1600 & 3200 are better (a little).

Rich

6. I did the upgrade as well.......

uneventful and smooth..........i havent played with it much after the upgrade. I figure after reading Ron R. reviews, he seems to see an improvement before and after......nothing to loose. It did keep all my settings :)

7. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Okay, I've been reading about an upgrade to the D2H. I don't have a clue where to go get it or what to do with it after I get it (or how to get it) ...

Should I ship my camera to one of you smart ones or is it easy enough for me to do? I'm learning everything about photography 'off the seat of my pants' so I'm willing to try anything.

I'll listen to any help you can give me.

Thanks much!

Gaye

PS..and soon I'll need help with dust bunnies and how to clean them out. That really scares me. Harry, I may have to call you about that job :lol:

8. You can get it here:

http://nikonasia-en.custhelp.com/cg...-bin/nikonasia_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Make sure you follow the instructions carefully and it is really not that hard to do.

9. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Yves,

I'll give it a whirl later today. Thanks very much. You'll see a red flare if I have problems.

Do you think it's worthwhile to do it? Guess it can't hurt anything so will do it.

Thanks again and best to you!

Gaye

10. joecolson

joecolson

Jan 28, 2005
    Cary, NC
    I did the upgrade last evening but don't expect to see any discernable change in performance. Nikon is providing a clue to the magnitude of the change by the iteration number of the upgrade - 2.01. A major upgrade would be numbered 2.1; an even more dramatic upgrade would be numbered 3.0. An "0.01" upgrade is usually associated with bug fixes (one of the few things in the software biz that's almost a standard).

11. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Guest

Upgraded a few nights ago. Sorry, I have not had the time to check out the changes. The upgrade did go without any problem as with my previous updates. Will know more this weekend when I got to do a friends wedding.

I really have been quite happy with the D2H performance and was not expecting any major changes.