1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Who is sick and tired of Brett Favre??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natethomas, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why do so many people follow his every move?

He was good about 10 years ago, average 5 years ago, and he's been washed up for at least two, but the Jets and now the Vikings have some reason to believe he can save them. He'll throw 25 picks and maybe 18 TDs this year, if he's lucky - and playing on that turf won't be great for his aging legs.

Give me a break and stop this damn coverage!

2. Who is Brett Favre??

3. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

I'm sick. My wife's tired. But we have our own issues. We're Eagles fans.
    Our new team cheer is going to be, "Hide your Beagles, Vick's an Eagle!"

4. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS
    here!!! Here!!!!!

5. I"m curious to see how the Wildcat will look with McNabb and Vick both on the field.

6. +1.

This is getting tiresome.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Chris my dear friend...where have you been...under a rock? LOL Just messin' with ya! But truly that made me laugh! Good one.

Well to answer the OP...yes it is a bit AD NAUSEAM along with Michael Jackson coverage. :Curved:

8. ArtScott

ArtScott

Jul 11, 2009
    WICHITA, KS

Totally Agree: A GREAT BIG +1 on both issues..................

9. lexdiamonnyc

lexdiamonnyc

Mar 23, 2009
    nj/nyc
    somebody needs to remind Brett that football is a "team" sport, he thinks it's all about him......

I still can't believe they're giving him $25mill:eek: 
    sooooo not worth it.....

anyway, Go Giants!!!! we need some more SuperBowl love!!!!!:biggrin:

10. Don't even follow football, and I am tired of hearing of him. How many times has he retired??:rolleyes: 

11. One last time for us Aussies, who is he??????

12. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Zzzzzzz :846: zzzzzz :846: zzzzzz :846:

13. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Wwo that guy won the superbowl all by himself ? :tongue:

One a sidenote why do you guys call it football if they barely touch the ball with their feet ? :m22:

14. My hand is raised....:rolleyes: 

15. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    have they buried micheal jackson over there.... yet??
    before he rises from the dead

16. If you are tired of the coverage, you can always change the channel.

War in Afghanistan, National Election
    War in Iraq, more sectarian violence
    Health care debate
    Tom Delay on DWTS
    South African athlete forced to take gender test
    Typhoon in Far East
    Hurricane Bill
    Fisherman land 103 lb catfish

July & August are typically bad months for sports coverage. Viewing, reading and hearing countless stories about Favre and Vick keep sports media & journalists gainfully occupied & employed until Sept when football season starts then basketball and hockey in October.

As for Brett Favre, if he has the ability to outperform 2 younger quarterbacks and win, I'm happy he has the opportunity to do what he loves to do even though he appears extremely selfish.

As for Michael Vick, he's paid his debt to society and he needs to work to get out of bankruptcy. Obviously he still has ability and desire to play football at the highest levels. As a Redskins fan, I hate that he's in the NFC East but I can't wait to see/read how the Philly fans react during the regular season.

17. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Totally agree.. A few short months ago, he was not coming back because he said his body couldn't take the abuse of even one more season. Funny how $25 million can make your body take the abuse of 2 seasons! Maybe Wrangler threatened to end his endorsement deal if he stayed retired :-P

18. lazijay

lazijay

Jul 27, 2008
    Salinas, CA
    As much as I love Favre, all this coverage on him on ESPN and what not is annoying. And for Vick, glad he's back. Can't wait to see how the Eagles are going to use him.

Watch out for the 49ers this year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.